- Made with 100% malted barley.
- As our blenders taste the progress of the whisky aging in Cuvée casks, special discoveries are hand-selected and set aside as single cask offerings. Aged for a minimum of four years in first-fill Cuvée casks.
- These casks undergo 'STR' treatment, meaning 'Shave, Toast, Re-char'. This process releases beautiful sugars and aromas from the wine casks, along with additional caramel, toffee and vanilla flavors.
- We are one of only a handful of distilleries in the world to use these unique Cuvée casks, a profile developed by the late Dr. Jim Swan.
- The hot summers and cool winters of Virginia's dynamic climate make this American Single Malt incredibly distinct.
- Each single cask bottling has its own unique flavor profile.
- This whisky showcases its natural color, is not chill-filtered, and is bottled at cask strength.
Cuvée Single Cask
Our Cuvée Single Cask, cask-strength offering in the Courage & Conviction Single Cask line.
Aged a minimum of four years, this 100% malted barley whisky is matured in specialty Cuvée wine casks and bottled at cask strength. The Cuvée casks originate from premium red wine producers, and their interiors are shaved, re-toasted and re-charred before filling spirit into the cask for maturation.
Plum, dark raspberry, rich chocolate torte and clove
Tart cherry, blood orange, cocoa, and burnt sugar
Candied walnuts and ginger